September 20, 2014

SF 701 Instructions

The Standard Form (SF) 701, Activity Security Checklist, is a standard form used within the U.S. Government security classification programs. Many agencies, such as the Department of Defense, use it to provide a visual reminder to conduct required end-of-day inspections when closing for the day a space that processes classified information. These inspections, or checks, are conducted to ensure classified information and material are properly secured prior to the office being vacated for the day. The form also allows for some accountability in the event that irregularities are discovered.

It is a fairly easy form to fill out once you get the hang of it. Typically, organizations prominently post it near the office's main entrance. The last person to leave for the day must conduct the end-of-day checks and annotate these checks on the SF 701. Within the Department of Defense, this is an inspectable item and required under DoD 5200.01, Volume 3.
SF 701 instructions

If you're using a SF 701, then you will need to use a SF 702 form as well. These two forms go hand-in-hand.

11 comments:

  1. Hello would you mind stating which blog platform you're using?

    I'm planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm
    having a difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
    P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    Feel free to visit my page ... online dating personal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I use blogger as my blog platform. I've gradually modified the look as I got more familiar with the different tools. Blogging has certainly been something I've grown into. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I've read a few excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you
    put to create this type of wonderful informative web
    site.

    Here is my blog post dating service

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. It has certainly been the work of sweat and tears.

      Delete
  3. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It's the
    little changes that will make the most significant changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    My weblog; sn.im

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can certainly see your expertise within the work you write.
    The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how
    they believe. At all times follow your heart.

    my web blog: sn.im

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know how long these forms are required to be kept on file? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six years? Can you please provide a reference? (Army Regulation is silent on the issue, so we treat them as we do SF 702s.)

      Delete
  6. 90 days.
    DoDM 5105.21-V2
    "Retain both completed forms for 90 days or as required for investigative purposes."

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's only for SCIFs, not collateral areas.

    ReplyDelete